|Beschreibung der Tätigkeit
Aus dasauge.de/jobs – bitte beziehe dich in deiner Bewerbung auf dasauge®.
Research and Communication Manager at Studio Tomás Saraceno
We are a large and dynamic interdisciplinary studio and currently looking for a Manager for Research and Communication (full-time) with excellent communication skills and strong attention to details to join the internationally renowned artist’s team. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Managing publishing (print and digital) projects while working closely with the artist;
- Coordinating activities of a team of 4−5 people, including delegating tasks and setting priorities, overseeing budgets and timelines, defining roles, procedures and workflow;
- Representing the studio and its practice as a press and PR person, including maintaining existing and initiating new press liaisons;
- Communicating with institutions, galleries and other parties; regularly updating external and internal studio communication;
- Managing the studio visits: preparing welcoming events for the special guests; organizing studio tours.
- Successfully completed studies (MA) in art history / cultural management / curating / communications / journalism, or a related field;
- Previous experiences in publishing and editorial projects / art galleries or institutions / art projects and commissions; knowledge in digital publishing platforms is an asset;
- Good writing, editing and composing skills; ability to deliver creative solutions with swift turn-around time;
- Flexible and committed attitude to work; demonstrable leadership skills; highly motivated and able to demonstrate initiative;
- Excellent professional demeanor and interpersonal skills;
- Good time-management skills; ability to set priorities, manage a number of tasks concurrently and work independently; attention to details; and great communicational skills;
- Excellent English; Spanish and / or German would be a plus;
- Knowledge of Adobe CS is an advantage.
The Studio Tomás Saraceno is an ongoing research entity founded by the artist Tomás Saraceno and driven by his visions, informed by the worlds of art, architecture, natural sciences, astrophysics and engineering; his floating sculptures, community projects and interactive installations propose and explore new, sustainable ways of inhabiting and sensing the environment.
Our Research and Communication department is looking for a new manager who will be responsible for the studio’s Research and Communication team (the core set of responsibilities), and will collaborate with in-house researchers on various projects, overseeing their activity. Suitable applicants to work closely with the artist must be diligent, enthusiastic, and quick-learning, with proven abilities to manage schedules effectively.
The position is full time, based in Berlin, starting as soon as possible. If you are interested in joining us, send your application (CV, cover letter and salary expectations) to email@example.com.