|Beschreibung der Tätigkeit
Job Title: 3D Technical Artist
Job Status: Full-Time, Permanent
Primary Location: Cologne, Germany
Office Language: German
We are looking for a talented and motivated 3D Technical Artist to develop tools and pipelines that will enable our team to create new 3D People products and to work more effectively. You will be part of a small and dedicated team and provide assistance with realizing and implementing our ideas and visions on a technical level. The Renderpeople online store is our core business, so you will also help to keep it running when it comes to developing and implementing new products, formats or product updates. On the other hand, you get the opportunity to work closely with the biggest and best known names in the 3D and computer vision industry when we collaborate on joint projects.
- Develop tools and automations to facilitate our 3D People production pipeline
- Develop tools to generally improve and accelerate 3D workflows and product development
- Be the technical point of contact for project partners and customers to meet technical requirements
- Answer and solve technical support requests and issues from our customers
- Add, update or modify products and variations in our shop backend
- Manage and backup files (raw scans, working files, final products) on our NAS and Cloud storage
- A minimum of 2 years’ work experience with a 3D software like 3ds Max, Maya, Blender or C4D
- Experience with scripting languages (like Python, Mel or Max Script)
- Experience with C# or C++
- A solid understanding of rendering and shaders
- Strong problem-solving and technical debugging ability
- Self-managing, good communication skills, and collaborative
- A solid business English, spoken and written (our current office language is German. Due to our many international customers and a potentially international team [prospective], we require a good English though)
- Experience with coding in Unreal Engine 4 or Unity
- Experience with coding in Sketch Up or Rhino
- Experience with using not only one, but multiple 3D programs
- Familiar with the concept of photogrammetry
- Knowledge of character rigging
What Renderpeople offers you
Most importantly we’d love to welcome you to a very dynamic and open working environment with flat hierarchies and a lot of opportunities to get involved and to make a difference. We’re a small team and consider ourselves a family of friends. Some of the advantages:
- A welcoming, friendly and positive Company Culture with the opportunity to bring in your own ideas and to contribute significantly to our projects and goals
- Flexible working times and occasional home office opportunities
- Individual Training (like. Classes, Coaching, Books)
- Free drinks and food (attention caffeine addicts!)
- A state-of-the-art workplace set up according to your own wishes
- A monthly ticket for public transportation
- Cuddles from our Bernese Mountain Office Dog Nala
Our Mission and Values
We believe that great great results can only come from a great team. More important than anything else is the synergy among each other as well as a great and positive interpersonal basis. Together we will continuously improve the usability and realism of 3D humans. We achieve this with sticking to what we value as being great work habits:
Taking control and making things happen.
Prioritizing the one most important thing.
Openly sharing opinions and appeciating honest feedback.
Understanding and leveraging each others strengths.
Do you share these values with us? If so, but if at the same time you are also a little crazy and nerdy, then you seem to be the perfect fit for us.