|Beschreibung der Tätigkeit
Kiron Open Higher Education is a non-profit organization offering free online learning opportunities to refugees and underserved communities worldwide since 2015. Through the platform, Kiron Campus, students receive access to high-quality higher education and a large online student community. Kiron’s innovative model consists of free, tailor-made study programs by clustering Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs) from renowned educational providers and Open Educational Resources (OERs) for academic, professional, and personal growth.
At Kiron, we are tackling the huge societal challenge of making high-quality education accessible to underserved communities. To do that, we count on 60 employees from 25 different nationalities that want to have a real istrategizehe lives of the thousands of students served by our Campus. People from any background, gender expression, race, color, ethnic or national origin, religion, sexual/affectional orientation, age, physical character or disability are welcome in our team to build the most inclusive learning platform out there. We are united in our passion for our mission and committed to an agile and collaborative way of building the future.
- Provide product direction for our EdTech teams working together on creating the next generation of features for our learning platform, our online community, as well as digital materials that will allow refugees, disadvantaged groups and vulnerable populations to learn and grow
- Continuously innovate and deliver in 2 weeks sprints to improve our offerings and better help our students achieve their goals
- Prioritise and plan the upcoming work for your team in User Stproduct-relatedts through talking to stakeholders, preparing the team’s backlog, refinements and sprint plannings
- Support and advise your teorganizationalem to deliver high-quality work as fast as possible, breaking down epics and goals in“sprintable” units of work that create value
- Work with other Scrum Masters, EdTech colleagues and Management to strategise and roadmap each program iteration – jointly setting the direction of our portfolio
- You share our vision of free and democratic access to education for refugees and disadvantaged communities worldwide
- You have 2+ years experience as a Product Owner or in Product Management in an agile software development environment; experience in the Edtech/social sector is a big plus
- You have an agile mindset, believe in incremental impact creation, and enjoy working on continuous improvements for our students
- You have a passion for change and building digital tools that support our global goals and mission.
- You are an absolute team player with strong communication skills, bringing together perspectives from different teams and disciplines
- You are a problem solver with excellent analytical skills to grasp complex issues and turn them into user stories for development
- You facilitate product related interactive sessions to generate ideas and alignment – such as Design Thinking or Product Strategising
- You have outstanding organisational skills – you are able to manage multiple projects at the same time and still apply high-quality standards.
- You believe in the importance of a user focus, delivering the most suitable product to our students that is reinforced and incremented by a data-driven approach – even if that means changing direction or“killing your darlings”
- You speak and write English fluently (must-have).
- The chance to work independently in a dynamic, international, and interdisciplinary team of an innovative and fast-paced social startup
- A competitive salary within the social sector
- Flexible working hours, 30 vacation days, educational Leave, Kiron pension scheme and a remote working from anywhere policy.
- Health promotion: contribution to an Urban Sports Club membership, plus regular focus on mental health and mindfulness
Ready to join our mission? Apply now!
Send your application via email with the subject“PO + your name” until the 27th of June 2021 to:
The job does not fit your profile, but you want to know more about Kiron?
Visit www.kiron.ngo to learn more about our students and our mission.
We welcome applications from all under-represented communities and groups. As part of our commitment to diversity within our workforce, we are particularly keen to attract candidates from Black, Asian and other minority ethnic groups.
We welcome applicants from lower-income backgrounds and can provide financial assistance for interview expenses if required. We are also happy to discuss individual requirements relating to the application process and/or the demands of the role itself with candidates who have disabilities to ensure reasonable adjustments are confirmed in advance. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to speak to someone in confidence about your needs.