|Beschreibung der Tätigkeit
Microsoft Deutschland GmbH is the second largest subsidiary of Microsoft Corporation. In Germany, it is responsible for marketing products and serving customers and partners. Microsoft Deutschland GmbH cooperates with around 36,500 local partner companies and is represented by six other branches nationwide in addition to its headquarters in Munich.
The Microsoft communications team for Europe, the Middle East and Africa (EMEA) are looking for a trainee (m/f/d) specializing in visual storytelling in communications/public relations for the EMEA communications team. This role in the team will be focused on compelling visual storytelling, helping us tell our stories better, internally, and externally, through imagery, graphics, and other design work. The employment period is 18 months, and the candidates need to be based in Munich, Germany.
An image is worth 1000 words, and the visual storytelling trainee will be responsible for making sure that every major initiative, story, and campaign is combined with compelling visual assets that makes them easy to share, easy to understand, and appealing. The person will work on amazing storytelling campaigns that discuss the future of hybrid work, how AI and robotics are cleaning up the beaches, how Microsoft Flight Simulator is helping children across hospitals in Israel, or the future of Europe’s railways.
The trainee will also help with the community SharePoint design, internal and external newsletters, presentations, and other visual assets.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone, early in career, to be the driving force behind the visual identity of campaigns that are distinct but follow the Microsoft master brand. They’ll need to work in close collaboration with large teams, inside Microsoft’s brand identity and guidelines, and have a real passion to learn and grow during the 18 month assignment.
- 18-month traineeship (Volontariat) with Microsoft’s EMEA communications team based in Germany, with a geographically distributed and international team based in many countries supporting a diverse region in Europe, the Middle East and Africa.
- The trainee will be focused on the development and implementation of the visual elements of communication and social media-activities around the EMEA teams initiatives, from storytelling, to employee comms, to community building.
- Design, graphics, infographics, and research stock imagery in close cooperation with EMEA comms team to enhance look and feel of our stories. Also grow to learn Microsoft PowerBI for data storytelling.
- Develop visual content strategy, framework, and guidelines to ensure excellent digital-first content creation on a story basis.
- In addition, the trainee would have a great opportunity to learn about the holistic discipline of communications, inside a team working on most of Microsoft’s corporate and product campaigns.
- Execute design work according to the visual language of Microsoft as well as Corporate Identity guidelines.
- Support the design work, planning and execution of internal and external events, many virtual.
- Help the team understand and learn the latest developments in the era of visual and social storytelling, recommending best practices from brands, but also media and other organizations from around the world.
- Work closely with the EMEA team’s visual storytelling creative on Microsoft’s visual identity, processes, and procedures.
- Energetic team player who has a passion for creativity and design.
- Successfully completed university studies (BA) with a specialization in design, fine arts, advertising creative, marketing, or communications.
- Highly skilled in graphic design. If you have a link to your portfolio, please send it through.
- Relevant internships and/or first professional experience in design, communications or similar.
- Excellent mastery of English both verbally and written.
- Good knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, Illustrator, and other design software.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Good knowledge and involvement in social media platforms and technical and creative aspects of digital, with a focus on mobile.
- Attention to detail and ability to handle deadlines.
- A growth mindset, taking on new areas of development, make mistakes, correct, and share lessons.