|Beschreibung der Tätigkeit
Ever asked yourself, why we do not see large leaps in productivity improvements in manufacturing despite the ongoing Digital transformation, promises of Industry 4.0 and AI hype?
While sending data to the cloud is mainly solved and many existing incumbents and startups are tackling the challenge of generating valuable insights from industrial operations data, end user still not sufficiently act on those insights. In fact, tech stacks of production automation are based on 1970s innovation, with manually programmed real time controllers on the shop floor – creating today a major bottleneck for increasing productivity based on data driven insights.
Software Defined Automation creates completely new degrees of freedom beyond proprietary industrial automation systems for the automated configuration, operation, maintenance and continuous change of production plants to bring the vision of“Dark Factories” to life – a future in which factories run fully autonomously – and you can turn off the lights in the factory for good! We close the communication gap between IT and operational technology and are the enabler for AI based self-optimizing production plants, thereby reaching the next technological innovation step function in productivity for the world.
For this new world of software defined automation, we build a team that masters both Cloud / AI as well as real-time shop floor operations. Join our team with your technical depth, interest in industrial manufacturing and hands-on implementation experience on the globally scaling SaaS Applications on the AWS cloud platform with an interest to push the boundaries from the cloud all the way to all moving things on the shop floor – we write to the factory!
At SDA, we are hiring Industrial Cloud Engineers to bring our virtual machines running on standard IT hardware and cloud architecture to life – from developing and implementing features to advancing our software engineering best practices.
- Design, implement, and maintain serverless architectures in AWS:
o Interfaces between VMware virtual machines and AWS (e.g., by using existing VMware APIs of vSphere and vCenter)
o Control virtual machines out of AWS (e.g., automatic deployment based on templates)
o Dynamically generate virtual machine templates (e.g., via OVF/OVA)
o Control container mgmt. applications/Kubernetes on virtual machines and
dynamically create Docker images
- Configure and maintain VMware virtual machines templates and Docker containers
- Optimize resource utilization of virtual machines
- Build tools and processes to support the infrastructure
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent degree
- Excellent understanding of virtualization and containerization technologies (e.g., VMware, Docker, Kubernetes)
- 4+ years of experience provisioning, operating, and managing virtual machines on VMware ESXi and vCenter
- 2+ years of experience provisioning, operating, and managing AWS environments and deploying applications
- Professional experience programming in Python, other similar object oriented-languages such as C++/C#/Java/Go/Swift/.Net/Ruby are a plus
- Hands-on experience with virtual application development (e.g., via VMware Studio)
- Hands-on experience with Docker/Kubernetes (e.g., image creation, remote container mgmt.)
- Hands-on experience with AWS serverless technology such as AWS Lambda and AWS DynamoDB
- Experience with the full software development lifecycle and delivery using Agile practices
- Self-starter excited to relentlessly solve many technical challenges
- Fluent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Experience in Industrial IoT / Industrial Software implementations
- VMware certification(s) such as Cloud Management and Automation (VCTA-CMA, VCP-CMA),
Application Modernization (VCTA-AM, VCP-AM)
- AWS certification(s) such as Solutions Architect Pro, DevOps Engineer Pro, Developer Associate
- Knowledge of IP networking, VPN’s, DNS, load balancing and firewall
- Knowledge and hands-on experience with connectivity & protocols in manufacturing (MQTT, OPC UA)
- A fast scaling global deep tech startup environment, where your area of responsibility grows with the company
- A competitive salary, based on a fixed compensation and a virtual stock option program
- Full empowerment and independence for your assigned areas of work
- A friendly and intrinsically motivated team of technology enthusiasts and industry pioneers, driven to change the manufacturing industry for the better
- We play the long game, which is why we consider recreation and exercise a priority. We have an in-office weightlifting station, several outdoor trails for running and biking nearby as well as shower and washroom facilities
- Flexibility in working hours and time to work from home