|Beschreibung der Tätigkeit
The Creative Director leads the creative development of all Ultimate Guard product design for omni channel distribution (wholesale, retail, e-commerce, mass market) in all international markets.
- Leads the design team to create and establish vision through product design, packaging, marketing creative, and licensing.
- Researches and initiates new innovative concepts and ideas, works with Designers to innovate, coordinate, collaborate, and prepare product lines for approval.
- Accountable for Product to Market Schedule and ensures all design, quality and cost targets/ deadlines are met.
- Works closely with Brand Team on product development, category expansion and overall marketing/business plan for the lines through all channels of distribution.
- Works with Licensing on product integration and content development.
- Dives deep into gaming and pop culture fandom and translates these concepts into immersive product experiences.
What Your Impact Will Be
Creative Strategy Development:
- Develop long range design strategy in collaboration with brand team, to deliver thoughtful, design-led outline. Drive execution against strategy to deliver premium product that also delivers against financial constraints
- Develop and deliver packaging that supports both proprietary needs as well as external needs. Costing and structural integrity focus with ability to capture consumer eye.
Licensing Strategy And Aesthetic
- Develop overall licensing strategy and aesthetic with focus on character branded opportunity as well as internal branding. Manage the creation of licensing guides and drive vision and direction to licensing partners to ensure appropriate brand aesthetic and quality expectations. Responsible for developing and initiating processes for the purpose of ideation and creative development of new Product and Experience. Generate innovative ideas of how to extend and enhance the brand.
- Manage team and develop a plan allocating resources for new projects and initiatives. This includes the creation of project timelines and staff assignments/utilization for internal development as well as new licensing deals and vendor agreements. Maximize resources across categories to define best approach for new initiatives. Collaborate with Licensing, Marketing, Brand, Sales, Purchasing, and Finance to develop and execute against the creative corporate vision.
Creative Product Design Process
- Evaluate new business opportunities as they relate to product line expansion. Research and provide information regarding industry trends, popular culture and lifestyle, interests and needs. Collaborate with Content to develop unique content with relevant messages and themes. Ensure that the highest detail quality and artistic standards are met.
- Manage product design development. Ensures communication of design vision is clear through concepts. Lead team to consider all aesthetic and brand objectives in their design projects. Lead team to evolve and develop assets as appropriate to new initiatives and new categories. Establish and maintain product development schedules that coordinate with all timelines; ensure deadlines are met. Ensure all development needs such as: costing, tooling, safety, and manufacturing limitations are met. Help establish and meet budget goals. Proactively pursue ways in which to reduce costs
- Ensure that all concepts and initiatives are informed by consumer insight through the application of: Trend Services, Trade Journals, Market Research, Play testing, Surveys, and comparative market review.
Lead Design Organization
- Up to 5 Direct Reports (in the 1st year)
- Manage outside product design partners
What We’re Looking For
Education & Experience
Minimum 7 years of product design experience, including successfully managing projects from concept through production; conceptualizing and planning new products; creating and overseeing schedules; negotiating with freelancers; supervisory experience. High taste level and experience with premium brands.
Minimum of 5 years of experience leading a design team
Travel is required to attend professional meetings, focus groups, Trade Shows, and/or retail observations to conduct research.
Travel is by air or car and is Domestic and International.
Key Skills And Competencies
Proficiency in developing strategic plans and managing large-scale product lines across multiple years and brands.
Ability to ideate and think creatively, conceptually and strategically and communicate those ideas visually
Experience with and knowledge of manufacturing processes (not obligatory)
Excellent written and oral communication skills
Strong ability to collaborate and work well within a team and across time zones
Knowledge of direct marketing and creative/catalog development
Strong people management skills including conflict resolution, negotiation and influence management.
Become part of our pop culture heoversum!