|Beschreibung der Tätigkeit
At sofatutor, we believe children and young people achieve their learning goals best when they learn at their own pace and can access different learning media. For this purpose, our team has created a digital learning platform that makes individual learning possible anytime and anywhere. We offer students the opportunity to learn or review school material with the help of learning videos, practice problems, worksheets and other features.
You don’t live in Berlin? No problem, because you can do the job remotely. Please apply with a comprehensive application, including your salary expectations and your earliest possible starting date.
You can contribute your ideas right from the start, and you will be fully responsible for your areas after your onboarding. We will support you and let you pick up the threads where we currently stand. At sofatutor we also guarantee a transparent way of working, regular feedback, and the following additional benefits:
- We offer extensive onboarding as well as an open feedback culture.
- We support you in your professional development through individual learning and development opportunities.
- We work in a hybrid office model, enabling working flexibly from anywhere in Germany (even for an extended period), and good work-life balance. Additional one-time 100 € for support in setting up the private workplace.
- We offer team-building events (online and offline) where you can get to know your colleagues outside of the office.
- To be mobile, we support you with our mobility benefits for major German cities in the form of Swapfiets. In Berlin, you can also decide whether you want Swapfiets or a subsidy for the BVG subscription.
- Find your balance with various sports courses such as yoga, Beat81, or bouldering – the first two of which are also available digitally throughout Germany.
- Your mental health is important to us, which is why we offer the use of the Mindsurance platform for our employees.
- Discounts on sustainable products through our partner FutureBens
At sofatutor, we are proud to have created an inclusive work environment that promotes your development regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, religious affiliation, age, level of disability, education, or ethnicity.
As Product Designer you will focus on our core Learner Product that helps pupils from elementary through high school. You will work within a cross-functional scrum team consisting of a Product Manager, a User Researcher, another Designer and Developers, to find creative solutions that bring value to customers and the company, taking into account both student needs and business objectives. These are your specific tasks:
- You will work closely with the Product Manager focused on the core learner experience addressing: Learning Use Cases & Features; Content Access & Learning Platform; and Gamification & Engagement.
- At the same time you will work side by side with a designer and researcher exploring product problems, developing design solutions that solve those problems and implementing changes based on user’s feedback.
- You will create rapid, low-fidelity prototypes to test and validate concepts for designing a consistent and engaging user interface for the platform and its products thus making the user experience effective, efficient and, of course, enjoyable.
- In this way you will be responsible for improving the learning path of thousands of students through our products and their features in activities such as exam preparation, assessment tests or learning summaries, among others.
- You will also work with developers to deliver quality responsive designs in an agile environment and ensure that the designs comply with the visual standards that the product demands.
You were part of managing product decisions and conceptualizing innovative ideas to bring the product forward? You are great at translating ideas, concepts and research insights into design solutions that address students problems in an effective and engaging way? Then this might be the perfect job for you! These are further requirements of the position:
- You are a pragmatic and rapid-prototype oriented designer that always aims to understand the target audience as well as possible to create amazing experiences for both elementary school and middle school students.
- You have knowledge in testing existing hypotheses, creation of customer journey maps, user flows, and wireframes.
- Experience or knowledge of gamification applied to the development of solutions to problems of students as a target group is a plus.
- Creativity, strong communication abilities (visual and non-visual) and confident aesthetic sensibilities.
- Mastery with Figma to create wireframes, interactive prototypes and good quality designs. Protopie expertise is a plus.
- Degree in graphic design, communication design, game design or a related field.