|Beschreibung der Tätigkeit
Want to be part of an exciting new game made in Berlin, Germany? Got what it takes to support our team as a Lead Level Designer? Then send us your application now!
Elysium Game Studio is an innovative and growing game developer using Unreal Engine 5 to develop for PS5, Xbox Series X and PC.
Our current project is called NEO BERLIN 2087 – a unique, First- and Third-Person Action-RPG and a deep, cinematic detective thriller that takes place in a dark future vision of Berlin in the year 2087.
The game has already improved since our last trailer at Gamescom 2023, and you can help us push its quality even further.
This is a unique opportunity to work on something amazing and meaningful – something that will leave a mark on the german and international games market.
Quality is a part of our gaming culture, with a focus on narrative, emotional storytelling and innovative gameplay.
If you want to be a part of a new, big IP, apply to us with links to your portfolio or video footage from your previous projects.
- Create immersive, detailed and fun to play levels (exteriors and interiors) based on concept art and layouts in Unreal Engine 5 – from blockout up to the last finishing touches.
- Design levels for seamless integration of missions and gameplay – for example Stealth Areas, Combat Areas and Investigation Sequences.
- Adjust levels based on feedback from Playtesters and the Game Director.
- Cooperation with Art & Game Director for maximum stylistic consistency, immersion and to always adhere to the artistic vision of the project.
- Help set up Production pipelines, ensure adherence to deadlines and keep an eye on performance.
- Work with other team members to ensure all required resources are scheduled and delivered.
- Implement and test levels to improve, balance and fine tune them.
- Experience as a Lead Level Designer in the video game industry with at least 1 shipped title in one of the following genres – 1st or 3rd Person: Shooter, Stealth, Action or Adventure.
- Expertise in Unreal Engine Level & Environment Design.
- Ability to describe and visualize concepts in a way that’s clear for other team members.
- You are a good listener, quick on the uptake and able to interpret/clarify creative challenges and visions.
- Self-driven team player with excellent problem-solving and communication skills.
- You’re able to quickly tackle tasks, using the existing assets to create amazing layouts
- Initiative, responsible time management skills and the ability to iterate quickly and efficiently.
- Strong understanding of relation between environment design, composition, gameplay and player guiding principles.
- Knowledge of competitors, different game genres and a very good, personal understanding of Video Game Fun.
- Strong knowledge of the principles of level design, ability to analyze strengths and weaknesses of recent games.
- Able to communicate Emotion through Level Design.
- Strong Understanding of lighting, pacing, scale and spatial communication.
- Creativity and a trained eye for detail.
- Deep passion for games.
What we offer:
- The opportunity to be a part of an innovative and growing start-up in the video game industry, where you help us develop a new game for PS5, Xbox Series X and PC.
- Also creative freedom.
- Attractive working environment in Berlin, Germany.
- Open company culture.
- Help finding an apartment and much more!
You got the skills for that? If yes, we want you! Anyone can apply to work for us, regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, worldview, race, whether you’re an orc, a cyborg, or anything else.
We are a motivated team – innovative work with passion is our top priority. With us you will always have good vibes and a lot of fun at work.
If you are looking for something different, something exciting and a chance to flex your creative muscles, then we have just the right thing for you in a relaxed working atmosphere.
A Trailer and more information about the project can be found on our website
(just copy the link into your browser)